Ikan Asam Pedas – A traditional Malaysian meal that is sour, fiercely spicy, and highly fulfilling. Assam Pedas, which translates as “sour spicy,” is a traditional Malaysian cuisine. Everyone has their own version of this popular meal, and there are several variations; suffice it to say, it’s sour, scorching hot, and immensely fulfilling.
Ikan Asam pedas is a sour and spicy fish stew famous in Malaysia for family gatherings. Generally, you can use freshwater Pomfret since it is inherently sweeter than other fish, but you may also use Salmon, Stingray, Red Snapper, and a variety of other local species.
How To Prepare Delicious Ikan Asam Pedas?
1. Prepare the blended materials and paste
- Blend shallots, garlic, ginger, and dry chili to a smooth paste in a blender.
- Fry the belacan for 1 minute in a saucepan over medium-low heat with vegetable oil.
- Then stir in the star anise, cinnamon, galangal, and lemongrass.
- Fry the ground ingredients for about 8 minutes on low heat, or until slightly caramelized. Season with salt to taste.
2. Prepare the tamarind paste
Add half of the heated water and the tamarind paste to a mixing bowl. Mix to extract the pulp from the seed, then sift.
3. Cook Asam Pedas
- Add half of the tamarind water to the saucepan and continue to cook the broth for 5 minutes.
- When the sauce has been reduced, add some water and the kafir lime leaves, laksa leaves, and torch ginger. Ascertain that the flavour is spicy, sour, salty, and flavorful. Make the necessary changes.
- Bring broth to a boil, then add fish and veggies.
- Reduce the heat to low and continue to cook for 30 seconds. Cover the fire and turn it off.
- Allow the boiling broth to simmer the fish and veggies for 15 minutes.
This dish is one of the authentic dishes in Malaysia. When cooked, you generally have to make the entire sauce which sometimes becomes a hassle. This is where AsianMeals Asam Pedas sauce comes in handy. You can easily cook different and tasty meals with it.
Enjoy The Best Ikan Asam Pedas With Asianmeals Asam Pedas Sauce
Ikan Asam Pedas is a traditional Malay dish. It is simple to make and tastes fantastic with AsianMeals Asam Pedas sauce. We have always focused on providing the greatest value to our customers while providing a good assortment of over 350 different culinary products. AsianMeals stir fry sauce or any ready-made paste may also add flavour to your dish. Explore our sauces and meat curry pastes to lend that special touch to your cooking.